KEEPING YOUR FAMILY HOME IN THE FAMILY
When a property is jointly owned a property trust can be created. One of our experts can contact you by telephone or zoom to recommend products that will give you the right protection at your earliest convenience, safeguarding you, your family and your assets.
WHAT IS A PROTECTIVE WILL PROPERTY TRUST?
- This is an enhanced Will that offers protection for a property. On the first death, that share is protected from third parties and assessment for care home fees should the surviving owner require care in the future.
- Your share of the property is then able to be passed to someone other than the joint owner.
- Your share is fully protected for your beneficiaries, should the other joint owner remarry or gift their share to someone else.
- If the surviving owner gets into financial difficulties or needs residential care Your share of the property is protected and will not be assessed or at risk
WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR THE SURVIVING PARTNER?
- A surviving owner has the right to live in the property for the rest of their life and cannot be evicted by the trustees (your chosen people who manage the Trust).
- The surviving owner is able to sell the property and buy another, but any profit made will be split equally between them and your trustees.
- The surviving owner usually controls the Trust with at least one other person, normally another family member.